Friday, April 11, 2014

2 MONTHS & 15 DAYS TO GO!!


The countdown is well and truly underway! Everything is booked and paid for and I'm so excited to leave. I wish I could go now! :) Only 2 months and 15 days to go and I'm up up and away.

So if I haven't already mentioned in a previous post (which I don't think I have), I'm doing the Eastern Discovery Contiki tour with my cousin at the end of June. The tour starts in New Orleans and finishes 14 days later in New York. Here's a snap spot of the places we will be visiting along the tour;
  • New Orleans
  • Panama City Beach
  • Orlando
  • Miami
  • Cocoa Beach
  • St Augustine (via the Kennedy Space Center)
  • Savannah
  • Raleigh (via Charleston)
  • Washington D.C
  • New York
After the 14 day tour we have decided to stay a couple more days in NYC because well we can! :). Our extra few days in New York, I can imagine, will be on the go 24/7. We haven't organised a lot just yet but we did just booked tickets to Of Mice and Men on Broadway staring James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and Leighton Meester - needless to say we are pretty excited.

I've brought some US Dollars as well as a travel money card (well two haha), First I got the Cash Passport Multi Currency card, which I've used before and it's great. The only issue is when you reload the card with more money it takes a couple of days to transfer and become available for you to spend. My dad then mentioned the Global Wallet  which is linked to the Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership. The Global Wallet is great in that you are able to load money onto the card in Australian Dollars and then instantly change money into US Dollars (or whatever currency you need) whenever the rate is good or when you need more money. Both cards have their advantages but I think my card of preference will be the Global Wallet.

That's it for today guys. Hope you've enjoyed reading this post and I look forward to posting more about my planning and travel in the future!

Happy Friday! Hope you all have a fab weekend :)

Danielle xo

No comments:

Post a Comment